Our Big News
One of the things we love most about the Giving Sum model is the ability to volunteer for an organization that our money is going towards. In order to focus fully on one partner at a time and to engage our members from the very beginning of each new Giving Sum year, we are shifting the grant cycle so that we will read grants, choose a partner, and volunteer for that partner all in one calendar year!This new calendar will start on January 1, 2016. We will not announce a new grant recipient in 2015 but will be certainly keep very busy implementing a robust partnership with Indy Urban Acres (see the wonderful service opportunities here!)Because we are shifting our grant cycle by about five months, this also gives us some extra time in 2015 to look inward and invest in Giving Sum! Our organization is eight years old, and it is time to step back and ask some of the critical questions like:
- What is our vision for helping Indianapolis in the upcoming years?
- What pipelines do we need to build to steadily bring in new members each year? How can we make our membership more diverse?
- What is the goal of a one-time grant? What are the best practices for using an infusion of money and resources sustainable and for maximum impact?
- What should our membership contribution structure be and how does that impact our grant?
This is a year to reflect on our past success, build new traditions, and create an even clearer vision for impact in the years to come. Join the fun! We have three ways to engage:
Vision Team Members
50 people who are interested in redesigning and building up for Giving Sum 2016 and are willing to invest time and money into this goal. Vision Team members may be returning members or new members passionate about building this organization.Opportunities:
Enjoy all the normal member opportunities along with some exclusive conversations with community leaders to help us plan for Giving Sum 2016. Be on the final decision making team to present a vision for 2016 in August. Take on leadership roles throughout 2015 and 2016.Commitments:
- Attend at least three Giving Sum 2016 critical question conversations (all-member meetings + other opportunities)
- Commit to be a member in 2016
- Commit to recruiting and securing a minimum of one paid member for 2016 by December 1, 2016
- Serve on a committee
- Sustain or increase previous level of giving from 2014 with money going to support Giving Sum’s operating fund ($500 or $250 minimum for 2014 or 2015 new members).
How to join: Sign up by setting up Paypal payment through the Member Portal at www.givingsum.org by April 1 at the latest. Limited to 50 people, so don’t wait!
Eligibility: Open to everyone; a good fit for those who cannot make the commitment to the Vision Team. New people can and should be constantly invited to join us under this rolling membership model with the goal of building up the 2016 member base.
attend all-member meetings and events, provide volunteer support to Indy Parks Foundation, bring friends to Giving Sum events and promote Giving Sum within your networkCost:
Please invest in Giving Sum as you are able, but there will be no mandatory cost.How to join:
The process of officially renewing one’s membership from 2014 or signing on as a new member will be signing up for a 2015 Giving Sum team.
If you are brand new to Giving Sum, please make sure you create a profile on our Member Portal
Alumni willing to help our Invest in Giving Sum campaign financially with a minimum gift.Opportunities:
Special invitation to Ale Yeah and Giving Sum 2016 focus groups.Cost:
Minimum gift of $200 required; please donate on the Membership Payment
We can’t wait to share this amazing new year with you!